Thursday, August 28, 2008

New School Year!

So, we have 3 school days into the new school year (only 177 to go till summer) and it is going WAY better than last year. I feel so much less nervous and more confident in my skills as a teacher. Now that I have one year under my belt things just seem to be going smoother all around.

I'm not sure just how my class is going to be yet because they have all been so quiet. Just wait till they come out of their shells.....then I'll know just what kind of class I have. They seem like a nice group though...only one is standing out thus far as one who may challenge my every decision (gotta love those). Now matter what I say he tries to think of a way to get around it.

The last few weeks I've been dreading going back to school but now I feel like I'm back in the swing of things. I actually like going to work and the days go by so fast. Plus we had school 3 days this week and we already have a 4 day weekend. One of the big pros of being a teacher....lots of days off throughout the year to spend with my family!

1 comment:

Tins and Treasures said...

Congratulations on the start of another school year. Yes, there is always one or two in each class that can keep us on our toes!