Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Soccer Class

So Kaiden has been waking up everyday for the last month asking to go to a soccer class. I wasn't sure what exactly was offered for his age so I told him I would look into it. When he would ask I would say, "Let's go out in the yard and play soccer!" Well, silly me, that wasn't good enough. He simply responded, "NO, Mommy soccer CLASS!"
Well, a friend of mine takes her son to the rec center. They have a class there for 3-5 year olds. So I signed him up and last night was his first class. Needless to say he had an absolutely wonderful time. It's was the first class of the season so only 3 kids showed up (apparently there are usually 20-30)
Me being the controlling mom was upset cause they couldn't really play and Kaiden was getting left out due to the fact he was the youngest. So Jon went out to play with him and he was informed that he needed to go back to the bench cause Kaiden wanted to do it "All himself." He dribbled down the field and kicked into the goal about a 100 times and would've have gone longer except for the class was only an hour.
Well, Kaiden had a great time and he wouldn't have cared if they ignored him the whole time, which they didn't. When it was time to
go he was very upset and asking to come back another day. I guess we will be going every week! I'll be sure to take some pics next time and post!

No comments: